Sunday, March 30, 2008

And Some Portraits

While I'm feeling nostalgic, here are some other shots taken a few months back. Just some portraits. When I do a shoot with someone, I kinda just try and get a feel for what they're like and who they are. I don't really go for the 'traditional' studio setup much. But instead go for something a bit more natural and believable, something that captures their personality and shows them as they are. I would like to think it goes a bit deeper than who they are just at face value. Get it? Face value? Hah!













4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, you're too funny, LOL!
Love all of these, especially the couple. Great portraits. Go fix your song on Myspace (if you want, lol). I sent you a link.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

nifWill, I can't tell you how pleased I am to see a lighter side of you in your blogs...you rock!

I love your style! These are all wonderfull! Faves: dude on the painted rock & couple w/ kid on front porch.

I'm noticing more and more that I am getting better at picking up on client's personalities and putting them to good use in their portraits. I am even reaching out to get to know them (online or phone call) pre-shoot so that I can try to previsualize certain ideas that pertain to who they are.

By the way...your current myspace default song....awesome!

Anonymous said...

I should've said "painted wood" not rock....i'm such a dumbass...lol

pattrsnd said...

I love the shot of the guy with the guitar...well composed Will!